The majority of property buyers in recent years require more then just assistance with searching and completing the sale. Property buyers often own multiple properties that they purchased for investment purposes and therefore they require someone to manage the property all year round.
Kari Marbella consults with each clients and recommend a property rental strategy that is customized to their need. For instance, some owners like to use their properties certain time of the year and want those to be available. Some owners like to maximize their income and do not want to use their properties themselves. Finally, there are those that have decorated their property to use it themselves, but want to rent it out for very selected tourists. We get more than half of our clients through AirBnb, but we are also proud that almost 40% are returning guests of Kari Marbella, who book directly with us.
The trends for touristic accommodation on the Costa del Sol are more promising then ever:
- The Costa del Sol has historically always had a extremely diverse tourism mix. Spanish tourists enjoy Marbella in the summer, because of the mild climate and represent 21,7% of tourists. UK is the largest international tourist with only 5,2% of the share. Germany, France, Netherlands, Ireland and Belgium make up a total of 15%, which means more than half of the tourists are from many other nations. This gives Marbella great stability and note that majority of the countries can travel to Costa del Sol by car.
- Seasonality in Marbella is not as volatile as in many other Spanish or other Mediterranean destinations. This is thanks to golf tourism, warm climate all year round and overall tourism attractiveness with cultural events and excursions, etc. The graph below shows our average occupancy of the properties we manage. Home owners tend to come to Marbella during the fall school holidays in October, which is why the occupancy drops that time of the year.
- Malaga province has the highest number of short-term rental properties in Spain with 34.567 registered properties.
- The length of stays before pandemic has been decreasing year by year, however after the pandemic started we see more longer stays with people who work from home. Malaga and area is positioning itself as being the best place to work remotely in the whole of Europe.
- Spain has, as expected, bounced back after the pandemic as many northern European countries returned to their favourites holiday destination. Self-catering bookings have grown and remain strong in 2023.